Glytone Mandelic Acid Peel Scottsdale
The Glytone Mandelic Acid Peel is for skin that is prone to intermittent to permanent redness.
Regular cell turnover and exfoliation are important to healthy skin. With chronological aging, as well as exposure to environmental damage (including UV rays), our turnover of dead skin layer turnover slows. This can lead to your skin appearing dull. Professional peels help accelerate exfoliation of your skin for a brighter and more clear complexion.
What Can You Expect After a Peel?
- Reduces appearance in skin redness
- Reduces pore size
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Improves skin smoothness
- Minimizes mild chrono- or photo-aging and mild hyperpigmented skin
How Do I Prepare for this Peel?
- Discontinue the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Benzoyl Peroxide, and topical retinoids about 1 week prior to your procedure
- Do not wax the areas to be peeled for 10-15 days prior to the procedure
- Avoid overexposure to the sun (i.e. no sunburned skin) prior to the procedure
- Accurately and completely disclose your medical history to your aesthetician, including all prescription medications
- Avoid strenuous exercise on the day of the procedure
- Follow the care instructions provided to you by your aesthetician
- Avoid sun exposure by wearing protective clothing
- Daily use of sunscreeen (at least SPF 30) throughout the peeling process is necessary.
- Don’t scratch or rub the areas that were treated
- Do not pull your skin to facilitate peeling
- Avoid using products with Retinoids and other drying, peeling agents
- Do not use abrasive cleansers
- Wait 2-6 hours before contact with water (depending on peel used) and avoid strenuous exercise the day of the procedure
How Can I Maintain the Results?
Glytone Professional Peel Systems results will last as long as your skin is maintained with a proper skin care regimen. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen daily.