Microdermabrasion is a physical exfoliation that brings tired, dull looking skin back to a youthful glow. Aluminum oxide crystals are projected onto the skin to loosen dead skin cells and then suctioned off using an FDA approved medical grade machine. The flow of crystals and suction is adjustable to provide the correct treatment for each patient.
What are the Benefits of Microdermabrasion?
- Microdermabrasion stimulates the production of collagen and new plumper skin cells.
- The cells of the lower layers of the epidermis are knit together in a more consistent “basket weave” configuration, thickening the dermis and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improvement in the texture of skin by reducing the thickness of acne scars.
- Improves the overall health of your skin.
- Allows better penetration of treatment room and home care products into the skin.
What is The Excellabrasion Treatment?
The skin is prepped with a thorough cleansing and toning followed by a skin analysis. Microdermabrasion is performed using a medical grade machine that projects crystals onto the skin and suctions the crystals and dead skin away. The skin is then treated with an enzyme which digests proteins to further remove dead skin cells. Extractions are performed as needed then a hydrating mask is applied which includes peptides and antioxidants to nourish skin including around the eyes. Ultrasound is then used to increase the penetration of nutrients into the skin, the sensation is like a cooling massage. The treatment concludes with the application of moisturizer and sunscreen.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Microdermabrasion works best when performed as a series of treatments. For best results six treatments every ten days are recommended. Before and after pictures will help you see the results from your first treatment to your 6th. Then maintenance treatments every other month are recommended to. After a series of treatments you will notice younger, firmer looking skin that is smooth and soft to the touch, oiliness is decreased, hydration is improved, dilated pores are less noticeable and skin tone is more even.
Back to Facial Cosmetic Surgery