Glytone Hand Peel
What is the Glytone Hand Peel?
The Glytone Hand Peel is an ideal treatment to diminish the effects of the sun and aging skin on the hands (think brown spots or “age spots”). This treatment helps with mild-to-moderate signs of aging.
Glytone Peels are designed to achieve better results with each succeeding peel procedure through a series of shorter length procedures.
This Hand Peel will help:
- reveal brighter and smoother skin for younger looking hands
- reduce the appearance of fine lines, small scars and coarse wrinkles on the hands
- give an immediate skin brightening effect
- improve the skin’s texture and tone
- improve skin’s smoothness
How do I prepare for my procedure?
- Discontinue use of products containing high strength Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs), Benzoyl Peroxide and topical retinoids such as Differin, Renova, Retin-A, and Tarzorac at least 1 week prior to your peel.
- Discontinue oral retinoids at least 6 months before your peel.
- Do no wax the areas to be peeled for 10-15 days prior to the procedure.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun prior to the procedure.
- Accurately and completely disclose your medical history to your aesthetician, including all prescription medications.
What can I expect during my procedure?
You peel should take about 30 minutes. You may experience mild tingling, itching and the sensation of warmth on your skin. These are normal, and temporary.
Every peel will cause some degree of flaking or peeling with varying amounts of redness post-procedure. The degree and duration of flaking, peeling and redness depends on the strength of the peel. The day after your procedure you may start to feel skin tightness.
During the following 7-14 days, flaking and/or peeling may occur. If you don’t experience flaking or peeling, it doesn’t mean that you will not achieve the optimal results provided by your peel. Following your peel, your skin may feel tighter and look more radiant.
What steps should I take after my procedure?
- Be sure to follow the post-procedure care provided to you by your aesthetician.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30, daily following your peel process. You should reapply the sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Do not pull your skin to help the peeling.
- Avoid use of products that contain Retinoids and other drying, peeling agents.
- Do not use scrubs or abrasive cleansers.