Glytone Eye and Lip Peel
What is the Glytone Eye and Lip Peel?
The Glytone Eye and Lip Peel is an ideal treatment to help diminish the effects of the sun and aging skin, where you see wrinkles and fine lines in the delicate area around the eyes and lips. This treatment helps with mild-to-moderate signs of aging.
Glytone Peels are designed to achieve better results with each succeeding peel procedure through a series of shorter length procedures.
This Eye and Lip Peel will help:
- significantly increase the skin’s firmness around the eyes and lips
- improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and coarse crow’s feet
- decrease the appearance of dark spots
- decrease the appearance of dark circles
- improve skin tone and texture
How do I prepare for my procedure?
- Discontinue use of products containing high strength Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs), Benzoyl Peroxide and topical retinoids such as Differin, Renova, Retin-A, and Tarzorac at least 1 week prior to your peel.
- Discontinue oral retinoids at least 6 months before your peel.
- Do no wax the areas to be peeled for 10-15 days prior to the procedure.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun prior to the procedure.
- Accurately and completely disclose your medical history to your aesthetician, including all prescription medications.
What can I expect during my procedure?
You peel should take about 30 minutes. You may experience mild tingling, itching and the sensation of warmth on your skin. These are normal, and temporary.
Every peel will cause some degree of flaking or peeling with varying amounts of redness post-procedure. The degree and duration of flaking, peeling and redness depends on the strength of the peel. The day after your procedure you may start to feel skin tightness.
During the following 7-14 days, flaking and/or peeling may occur. If you don’t experience flaking or peeling, it doesn’t mean that you will not achieve the optimal results provided by your peel. Following your peel, your skin may feel tighter and look more radiant.
What steps should I take after my procedure?
- Be sure to follow the post-procedure care provided to you by your aesthetician.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30, daily following your peel process. You should reapply the sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Do not pull your skin to help the peeling.
- Avoid use of products that contain Retinoids and other drying, peeling agents.
- Do not use scrubs or abrasive cleansers.