Conveniently located to serve Scottsdale and Phoenix
What Is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days there’s a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, which can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
The Benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time. In 2005, almost 3.3 million procedures were performed with FDA-approved BOTOX® Cosmetic.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is also used to treat many visible signs of aging that form on the face like:
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Forehead wrinkles
- Brow wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Chin wrinkles
We also offer Botox treatments for patients who suffer from hyperhidrosis, a condition that causes excessive sweating. Botox injections can reduce underarm sweating and help patients manage their hyperhidrosis.
There’s only one BOTOX® Cosmetic. Talk to your doctor to see if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you!
Your Botox will be administered at Dr. Mark Pogue‘s office in Scottsdale, AZ.
Will BOTOX® Cosmetic work for you?
When it comes to selecting a physician-administered aesthetic treatment, chances are you’ll want proof, not just claims. The proof for BOTOX® Cosmetic is in the numbers.
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as moderate to better 1 month after treatment. Results vary.
- Results can last for up to 4 months, and may vary.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65, and almost 3.3 million procedures were performed in 2005 alone.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked BOTOX® Cosmetic as the most popular physician-administered aesthetic procedure in the United States for the fourth year in a row (surgical and nonsurgical combined).
There is no lengthy recovery period following Botox injections. Patients are able to return to their normal activities following their Botox treatment. There may be some redness and slight swelling around the injection sites but these issues should subside quickly.
The cost of your Botox treatment will depend on factors like the number of areas being treated and the amount of Botox needed to attain your desired results. Price and payment options can be discussed during the consultation process.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact The Pogue Center today to schedule a consultation for your Botox treatment. We have helped numerous patients in Scottsdale and Phoenix reduce the appearance of their fine lines and wrinkles using Botox and can provide you with the same amazing results.
More BOTOX Cosmetic Information
Back to Facial Cosmetic Surgery