American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the only certifying board exam devoted to examining a surgeon’s skill in cosmetic surgery of the face and body. It is an independent sub-specialty board that examines and certifies physicians in general, facial and dermatological cosmetic surgery.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Being certified in one of several ABMS Boards (including the American Board of Plastic Surgery, American Board of Surgery, American Board of Dermatologic Surgery, or the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Completing an AACS-approved fellowship, or
- Being in practice a minimum of six years and having performed at least 1000 cosmetic surgery cases
- Passing a stringent two-day oral and written examination
- Being of good moral character
You can learn more about the ABCS and find physicians board-certified in cosmetic surgery at www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org.
Back to Facial Cosmetic Surgery